Have you ever wondered, why sometimes you experience sudden blankness and no idea of what you are going to do next, while you are talking or working on something? Or else do you lately feel you can’t focus on something as you used to do?
Yes, most of us have experienced this sudden emptiness and blah feeling and the reason you feel this way could be you are experiencing Brain Fog.
What is Brain Fog?
Brain fog is a cognitive dysfunction involving;
• memory problems
• lack of mental clarity
• poor concentration
• inability to focus
This is not a medical condition and it’s a common feeling that many people suffer with. However, even though many people experience it, brain fog is by no means normal. It is avoidable and 100% treatable.
What are the causes of brain fog?
• Chronic stress
• Lack of sleep
• Hormonal changes – Increasing the levels of progesterone and estrogen during pregnancy can affect memory and cause short-term cognitive impairment. Similarly, a drop in estrogen level during menopause can cause forgetfulness, poor concentration, and cloudy thinking.
• Diet – amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
• Medical conditions –
- Sjögren syndrome
- Alzheimer’s disease
- autoimmune diseases such as lupus, arthritis, and multiple sclerosis
• Toxins, pollution, chemical substances, and insecticides
• Electromagnetic radiation – from the computer, mobile phones, tablets
What are the symptoms of Brain Fog?
• Trouble sleeping, insomnia
• Low energy or fatigue
• Impaired cognitive function
• Mood swings
• Trouble concentrating
• Low motivation, lack of ideas
• Excessive absences
• Mildly depress
Apart from these symptoms, there may be some other symptoms such as hair loss, dry skin, weight gain, or brittle nails.
How To Overcome Brain Fog?
Brain fog treatment depends on the cause. Lifestyle modifications can also help.
• sleeping 8 to 9 hours per night
• managing stress by knowing your limitations
• avoiding excessive alcohol and smoking
• avoiding excessive caffeine
• regular exercising
• strengthening your brainpower (try volunteering or solving brain puzzles)
• finding enjoyable activities
• increasing your intake of protein, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats
• spending less time on the computer and mobile phone – remind yourself to take a break
What Are The Supplements That Help To Stop Brain Fog?
contains long-chain omega 3 fatty acids, DHA. The source is salmon, tuna, mackerel, and sardines. It can improve brain function, motor skills, and vision.
Ginseng effectively regulates the immune response and the hormonal changes due to stress, thus maintaining homeostasis. In addition to suppressing the occurrence of psychological diseases such as anxiety and depression, ginseng also prevents stress-associated physiological diseases.
Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate)
plays an important role in the body. It is needed to maintain the health of skin, cartilage, teeth, bone, and blood vessels. It is also used to protect your body’s cells from damage. It is known as an antioxidant. Also, it helps regulate body temperature and hormonal production.
Vitamin B Complex
B complex vitamins help your body make energy from the food you eat, form red blood cells, and play an essential role in certain bodily functions. Vitamin B1 is a therapeutic agent for neuropathy. Vitamin B2 helps convert food into energy. Vitamin B3 helps enzymes in the body function properly by helping the body use other B vitamins. Vitamin B5 promotes the digestive system and healthy skin. Vitamin B6 involves in immune function and brain development. It aids in the formation of neurotransmitters. Vitamin B12 is required for the formation of red blood cells and DNA. It is important for protein metabolism.
Apart from these supplements, you can take Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Choline Bitartrate, Gamma Oryzanol, L-Theanine, Phosphatidylserine, Inositol, Soy Lecithin, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, Vitamin E DL-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate) and Vitamin A Acetate. Find out more details from here.
Disclosure – This page contains Affiliate Links. That means I get a small commission when you make a purchase but there is no additional cost to you.
No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinicians. For Educational Purpose Only