Do you think it’s possible that people can be stress-free and be productive at the same time?
The answer is yes, but how…? Spoiler alert… Maintaining a morning routine…
Maintaining a proper morning routine is crucial for a productive day.
It’s all about starting the day with the right foot. Before we go any further, it’s better to know what we expect from maintaining a morning routine rather than doing anything or something that comes to our mind. Well, it depends on who you ask. The most common expectations of maintaining a morning routine are boosting the productivity of the day, reducing stress level, getting you grounded and getting settle for the day.
For me, the morning routine is my habit that I do or practice each and every single day to start the day.
The key point is … your morning routine should be excited and helps to enhance your well being while improving your productivity.
In this case, we must maintain good habits and eliminate or replace bad habits.
I have seen many successful people who have been following morning routines. Most of the time, they have revealed the secret behind their success as their morning routine.
If you do not have a morning routine yet, don’t worry… let’s create one together…
The only important thing is keeping consistency. If you start a new activity today, you must continue it daily until it becomes your habit.
I’ll share some tips to start your own morning routine…
· Once I am fully awake, I do some stretching to my neck and shoulders while being grateful for waking up for the day. I never forget to light my bedside candle too.
· Then I get up from my bed and make my morning tea while enjoying the birds humming sounds and the sound of my boiling water. Those background sounds in the morning make me happy.
· While I enjoy my morning tea, I write my gratitude journal. Maintaining a gratitude journal keep you satisfy and balance your inner peace
· After expressing my gratitude, I meditate for 5 to 7 minutes. Morning meditation helps me to clear my thoughts and helps me to make my decisions confidently for the day.
· Finally, getting a nice warm shower helps to lighten my mood. In the last few minutes in my shower, I use normal water instead of warm water. It helps me to awake my sleepy body.
· Then I start my morning skincare routine
When you create your morning routine, make sure to add things that you really enjoy.
Don’t worry if you miss one or two days in your first few days of practising new morning activities. You can always start over.
Benefits of having a morning routine
· Reduce stress
· Less likely to forget something
· Clear mind
· Give positive thoughts
· Increase productivity
· Develop healthy habits
· Boost energy
If you like to add new activities and want to make them a habit I would recommend you to read “Atomic Habits” which is an amazing book that leads to creating new habits. You can read the summary and the review of this book from here.